HIPPAA COMPLIANT FAX
Security is at the heart of what we do. Our HIPAA-compliant fax service is built from the ground up to provide a secure and reliable means to transmit mission critical documents. In healthcare, this means safeguarding ePHI (electronic protected health information) and helping our customers adhere to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA).
HIPAA was enacted in 1996 and requires health care providers and organizations (also known as Covered Entities), as well as business associates, to develop and follow procedures to protect the confidentiality and security of protected health information when it is transferred, received, handled, or shared. This includes information in electronic format (ePHI).
HOW WE SAFEGUARD DATA
- Encrypted Document Exchange – Fax protocol has inherent security features that make it an attractive means to transmit documents. We add to this by utilizing encryption technology whenever documents are transported to/from our network.
- At Rest Encryption – All sensitive data is encrypted at rest. This means it cannot be accessed in any usable form outside of our secure web portal.
- Secure Socket Layer Protocol – Our web interface and API access is accessible only through secure HTTPS connections.
- Audit Trails – All document transmissions and log on/log off events are logged and recorded along with associated IP addresses.
- User Authentication – All system access points require user authentication to access any secure data. We also implement auto-logoff features for additional protection. The system includes advanced administrative controls with customizable user permissions and roles.
- Data Center Security – All web servers, application servers, and databases are housed in state-of-the-art SSAE16 Type II secured facilities with redundant hardware, power, and internet connectivity.